COLLINGHAM AND DISTRICT PRE-SCHOOL
Registered Charity No. 517443
Collingham and District Preschool are a Committee run village Preschool. We provide care for children aged 2 ½ to school age. We currently open 9 – 12 Monday and Tuesday, with full day care (9-3) Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, term time only. There is a provision to increase the sessions depending on pupil numbers.
Job title: Pre School Assistant 8.21 per hour
• To effectively deliver and assess using the EYFS framework within the setting.
• To plan and prepare for both the setting and your key children, documenting their learning journey in line with settings guidelines and sharing with parents and carers.
• Developing strong links with parents and carers to facilitate communication and day-to-day caring.
• To be flexible, undertaking tasks as needed within the preschool such as cleaning, nappy changing and snack rotas. Extra cleaning and sanitising is required by staff during the coronavirus pandemic
• Due to the preschool venue having multiple uses, there is a large amount of lifting, carrying and putting away included in the job. At least twice a week the equipment needs to be completely packed away into cupboards and sheds.
• Ensure that all health and safety guidelines and setting policies and procedures are followed at all times.
• To keep confidential all information regarding the children, staff and parents within the setting.
• To advise the Senior Supervisor of any concerns regarding children, staff, parents or safety within the setting.
• Refer all Child Protection issues (safeguarding) to the relevant member of staff and take the appropriate actions.
• Monthly staff meetings are compulsory and are usually held on a Tuesday afternoon 1 – 3.30pm, along with Staff development meetings once a term. Person Specifications
• The right candidate must have a minimum Early Years Education and Childcare qualification at level 3 or above, be creative, energetic and is committed to delivering exceptional care to children.
• Must have an up to date Pediatric First Aid certificate or be willing to get one. • Hours to be discussed at the interview.
Additional roles and opportunities may be available at a later date.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates need to be eligible to work in the UK and subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
Applications should include a CV, covering letter and activity plan (see below) Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are unable to conduct activity observations in preschool as part of the interview process. We are therefore asking that you submit an activity plan along with your CV and covering letter. Your activity plan should be based around our theme of Winter Weather and should reference the EYFS.
All applications and enquiries to Ayeisha Kirkham, Collingham Preschool Committee Chair at email@example.com
Deadline: The closing date is Tuesday 2nd February 2021